The DrupalCon is being hold these days in Vienna and Inovae has settled down for the whole event. The city of Sigmund Freud, well known for having said :
The act of birth is the first experience of anxiety, and thus the source and prototype of the affect of anxiety.
Well... We master the art of prototyping at Inovae but, as far as psychoanalysis is concerned, you will not find much substance it in this blog's post as we will focus on the Drupal highlights and take-aways from the DrupalCon. Still, if you are interested in making conscious some of your unconscious thoughts, we encourage you to visit the Sigmund Freud's museum.
The first days were thrilling and very instructive, a unique occasion to meet the community and look at Drupal from different angles and views. Based on the two keynotes, the following highlights should be shared :
The Drupal ecosystem and community is healthy and growing again in 2017
- 26% increase year-on-year in the number of companies contributing to code on Drupal.org.
- 48% of companies doing Drupal are growing which is by far superior to the average digital companies in Switzerland.
- 45% of all contributions come from Europe meaning that our market is central.
The Drupal technology model adapts quickly and stays at the edge of innovation
- Drupal 8 has become the Go To Market version with 38% of companies using only this version and only 12% not using it all all.
- Drupal 8.4 will be released soon with media module in a stable version, but also a workflow module which is in beta and can already be used reliably for client projects (we actually used it in 8.3 with great success on one of latest project ricochet.org).
- The technology stack is extending with the non Drupal technologies used by Drupal agencies : nodes.js 54%, AngularJS 44%.
- Drupal shines for ambitious digital experience. Ambition could stand for any dimension like multisites, multilingual, marketing or heavy enterprise integration.
- Headless CMS are growing by 500%, single sites and brochures sites are well served by SaaS products, Enterprise solutions moved beyond CMS and are competing on Marketing capabilities.
Last but not least, The Drupal project is trustworthy and loyal to its values
In a keynote we had a chance to meet Monique . J. Morrow, an opinion leader that counts and wants to leverage Internet as a better place. She says
With the Humanized Internet, every person will have the human right of identity and to be visible to society.
Her strong belief is that identity is a human right fact and that 1.5 billion people do not have this right now. The clues are just here and now, we are experiencing extreme population shifts as we could see recently in Europe with refugees drifting on our shores. Technology can be a threat but can be counterbalanced by an ethic and humanitarian use and we should strive for it.
Please contact us if you want to know more about DrupalCon or go directly on DrupalCon Vienna